I still can’t get out my front door or my back door because of the snow (only escape is through the garage), but I know spring is on the way because:
- Store aisles are filled with plastic eggs and plastic grass.
- When I leave at 6:00 pm for my exercise class it’s not totally dark.
- It’s Peeps Diarama Contest time at the Washington Post. (Build a shoebox type display using marshmallow Peeps.)
Last year I myself entered the Post Peeps Contest. I’m not bitter but
- They could have at least acknowledged my entry.
- My Wheel of Fortune entry celebrating Peep Sajak and Vanna Pink, er, White was WAY better than the Price is Right entry that got honorable mention.
So I AM NOT going to do another entry. But I keep thinking about what might constitute winning entries. Shaun White and the halfpipe? Tai Shan the panda returns to China? Ellen Degeneres on American Idol? Washington buried in snow? Balloon Boy? Michael Jackson? Avatar? Tiger Woods? John Edwards? Jon and Kate? Somali Pirates? Sarah Palin?
As I said, I AM NOT going to get sucked into doing another entry.
Here are the pictures I submitted last year.
I’m feeling hungry for some marshmallows.